Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you register on the Site, become a member of SE, register for a conference, or become a sponsor or exhibitor, whether through the Site or via alternative means, including but not limited to completion of SE documents and forms. In this section, We describe what types of personal data We collect, the ways We collect it, and how We use it. While We have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time. When We collect information, We will tell you at the point of collection what information is required and what information is optional. We collect personal information both directly from the information you provide us as well as automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. This collection of information includes any information that can personally identify you. This information may include details such as your name, age, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Information You Provide to Us
Examples of information that you provide us with include information collected from filling in forms on our Site, when subscribing to promotional communications, when reporting a problem with our Site, when responding to a survey, and records and copies of correspondence, including email addresses, if you make contact with us. The types of personal data typically collected by us may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information and Geographic Location, including name, title, street address (home, work, billing, shipping), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), company name and other similar information, and your geographic location.
- Personal/demographic information, including birthday/age/age group, gender, birth date, salary range, occupation, level of education, contest- or promotion-specific information.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information, birth date and the like).
- Transnational and financial information, including payment information for membership fees and debit/credit card information.
- Preferences, views and comments, including communication preferences, feedback in response to surveys, etc.
- Participation information, including event attendance, sweepstakes/contest entries (including all information submitted on an entry), registrations, information relating to use of online communities and all other user submissions and content you provide.
Information Automatically Collected Through Data Collection Technologies
The Site may also use IP addresses for the same purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements and online activity, and gather broad demographic information for myriad uses.
We may use web beacons (also known as Internet tags or clear GIFs) on our Site to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users move through our Site. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer’s IP address, the type of browser being used, traffic data, location data, information about your computer and internet connection, and the time that the web beacon was viewed. We may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that We know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users. Among the information We collect automatically is statistical data and may contain personal information. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to, among other things, estimate our audience size, understand usage patterns, store information about your preferences, and speed up your searches.
Information is Used in the Following Ways
- To improve the Site: We continually strive to improve the Site offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you;
- To improve customer service: Your information helps SE to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other Site feature;
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates.
Who We Share Your Information With
Information about You and our members, registrants, sponsors, and exhibitors (collectively “Users”) is an important part of our business, and We may from time to time sell it to and/or share it with others. We share customer information not limited to those ways as described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include agencies providing marketing assistance, providing administrative assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing User service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions and may use it for other purposes.
- Affiliated Businesses: We work closely with affiliated businesses. These businesses may be provided your name, address, email address, and phone number to send you promotional offerings. We cannot control nor are We liable for contact attempts from these companies to you.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes We send offers to Users on behalf of other businesses. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Release: We release account and other personal information when We believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of SE, our Users, or others. This includes, but is not limited to, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your personal identifying information (such as your credit card number) is important to SE. Therefore, We implement a variety of appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology and then encrypted into the payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by authorized individuals. After a transaction, your private information (credit card number, etc.) will not be stored on SE servers. Please keep in mind, however, there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name and password you use, if applicable.
We Disclose Information To Outside Parties
We may sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal identifying information for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We reserve the right to disclose your personal identifying information as required by law and when We believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, to operate the Site properly, or to protect ourselves or our users.
You may choose to have your name taken off the SE email list or to “opt-out” of having your personal identifying information used for certain purposes, including but not limited to receiving additional marketing materials from SE. If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional materials from SE, you may email us at email@example.com or write us at Sick Economics Media, Inc., 290 W. Palmetto Park Rd., Suite 505, Boca Raton, Florida 33432.
Unless specifically requested, We do not solicit nor wish to receive any confidential, secret, proprietary information, or other material from you through the Site, by email, or in any other way. Any unsolicited information or material submitted or sent to SE will be deemed not to be confidential or secret.
Posting Information to the Site
You are solely responsible for any information and other content you post on or through the Site. You understand that anything you post on or through the Site is generally accessible to and may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of any available forums are encouraged to exercise caution when providing information about themselves.
You may choose to have your name removed from the SE email list or to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes, including but not limited to receiving additional marketing materials from SE. If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional materials from SE, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Sick Economics Media, Inc., 290 W. Palmetto Park Rd., Suite 505, Boca Raton, Florida 33432.